Each fall, the Nobel Foundation in Sweden announces the world’s most prestigious scientific awards: the 诺贝尔经济学奖s. Since H&S was established in 1948, 13 faculty members have won prizes in physics, chemistry, and economics. Five more laureates have ties to the school.
- 2014 W.E. Moerner, Harry S. Mosher Professor in Chemistry. Laureate in Chemistry: For the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy.
- 2012 Alvin Roth Professor of Economics. Laureate in Economics: For his work in the field of game theory and experimental economics and in their application to the design of new economic institutions.
502 Bad Gateway-真人体育平台 | 中国人文与科学
- 1997 Steven Chu, Theodore and Frances Geballe Professor Emeritus of Physics and Applied Physics. Laureate in Physics: For development of methods to cool and trap atoms with laser light.
- 1996 Douglas Osheroff, J. G. Jackson and C. J. Wood Professor Emeritus of Physics. Laureate in Physics: For the discovery of superfluidity in helium-3.
- 1983 Henry Taube, Marguerite Blake Wilbur Professor of Chemistry. Laureate in Chemistry: For insights into how electrons are transferred from one molecule to another during chemical reactions.
- 1981 Arthur Schawlow, J.G. Jackson and C.J. Wood Professor of Physics. Laureate in Physics: For theoretical work in laser spectroscopy, which led to the widespread use of lasers for everything from surgery to compact discs.